Founded in 1921, Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to Our Customers which is achieved by 1,700 employees located in 41 branches spanning Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
A part time opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Team Member to join the Distribution Centre (DC) at our Welshpool branch. Reporting to the DC Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing support to the Parts logistics business. The role will also be responsible for fulfilling warehouse operational activities, such as goods receiving and sorting, putting away and picking, packing and dispatching, as well as counting and other administrative duties.
This position will ensure that all products are handled/stored/dispatched in accordance with the company’s procedures, meeting the operational standards as set by Komatsu. The role will assist with system maintenance, ensuring inventory accuracy and meeting required KPIs for all inbound, outbound and inventory related activities. Additional responsibilities will include ad-hoc warehousing duties and providing basic administration functions to assist with transport coordination when required.
Please note the anticipated working hours for this position would suit someone looking for 4-5 hours per day (roughly 9-10 start for a 2-3 PM finish, and with the ability for potential weekend work when required.
At Komatsu we have proven career pathways into a variety of exciting fields. We are committed to creating a culture of learning and consider the support and recognition of training, learning, development & education as fundamental to achieving your goals. We also provide a range of services and benefits to assist our employees in their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Career Development and Education Support Programs for further studies
- Dedicated training in Business Skills, Leadership, Sales & Customer Service and OH&S
- Generous rates of pay and a dynamic work environment as part of a diverse and dedicated team
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for
- Demonstrated experience and skills as a Warehouse Operator / Stores Person for a large scale operation
- Experience with Ones Logi platform in a Distribution Centre (DC) environment
- Experience with Lean methodology in a DC environment will be highly regarded
- Experience involving accurate recording of receipt, picking and delivery transactions, as well as data integrity
- Sound understanding of Inventory Control and Stock Management
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills to communicate with internal/external contacts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Ability to maintain a positive demeanour and willingness to co-operate at all times
- General computer skills/knowledge, as well as basic mathematical, statistical and analytical skills
- Heavy machinery parts knowledge will be highly advantageous
- Komatsu systems knowledge an advantage (Microsoft AX & SAP)
- Valid High Risk LO or LF Forklift and/or LO Order Picker licence would be advantageous
- Sound physical health and strength as manual handling will be large portion of daily activity
Email [email protected]