Creative Africans are called to
The Digital Lab Africa call for projects targets artists, producers, designers, start-ups, students in the media and creative industries.
DLA is looking for projects at initial stage of development, in need of partners and financial support and innovative in terms of narration, content or technologies. The objective of Digital Lab Africa is to provide a springboard to the creators of next-generation content and to make their project happen with the support of French & Sub-Saharan African leading companies such as Lagardère Studios, ARTE or Triggerfish Animation.
Digital Lab Africa Competition Categories.
- Web Creation
- Virtual Reality
- Video Game
- Digital Music
Digital Lab Africa Competition Eligibility.
- Open to anyone from the field of digital content creation: artists, producers, designers, start-ups, SMEs, collectives, students or entrepreneurs, based in Sub-Saharan Africa or a national of a country in this region.
Digital Lab Africa Competition Benefits.
- The 10 winning projects (2 projects per category) are granted with a 42,000 ZAR cash prize and a Digital Lab Africa Incubation Pass to accelerate their project
- Each of the 10 projects holders are mentored by both French and African experts to benefit from the expertise of several ecosystems. They benefit from access to Dassault Systèmes’ global expertise network for support, management and services they need for their projects development
- Alongside the DLA mentorship program, the 10 mentees have the opportunity to be immersed in those ecosystems thanks to residency programs within digital clusters and participation in benchmark industry events in France or in Sub-Saharan African region. The expected outcome of DLA incubation program is market ready content.
Digital Lab Africa Competition Selection.
- Following the call for projects, 30 projects are selected for the final Pitch Competition. The video pitch of of each of the 30 competitors are displayed online on a voting platform where the audience has the opportunity to watch and vote for their favorite pitch.
- After individual interviews with each of the 30 finalists, 10 projects are finally selected by the DLA’ Selection Committees as winners of the DLA.
How to Apply for Digital Lab Africa Competition.
- Download the call for project presentation and rules
- Complete the online application form
- Email the following application files (in French or in English) to [email protected] before January 13th, 2019
- Pitch deck / Presentation document (PDF, PowerPoint or Word) including:
- project’s overview, concept, statement of intent…
- development and production schedule, provisional budget, target audience and strategy
- Visual element and/or research document
- Storyboard / mood board / graphics / portfolio / screenplay (for web creation, animation or VR projects
- Game design document (for video game projects)
- Any preview, pilot or video demo of the project (if available, for all types of projects)
- A cover letter explaining why you want to be part of the DLA Mentorship & Incubation program (1-page maximum)
- A resume/curriculum vitae of the applicant and/or description of the company represented
- A picture (.jpeg) of the applicant
submit applications for Digital Lab Africa content competition before the deadline of January 13 2019.
Some programmes are restricted to certain countries or regions. Make sure your region is allowed before filling the application.
Before you apply
Findscholarshipsonline.com is not affiliated to Digital Lab Africa Competition For Africans Talented In ICT (42,000 ZAR Prize Money) or any other scholarship, grant or program unless where mentioned specifically.
For more details and to apply, kindly go to the official application page.